Sunday 12 June 2016

Howls of Joy!

I wasn't going to post about this, but in the absence of any other tangible material I have caved in, that and I have been as giddy as a schoolboy all weekend.  I had already read of several large boxes arriving at other notable Bloggers' homesteads and having finally receiving my notification last week, I started tracking my own bundle of plastic plunder across Europe - the wolves were on the move!

Safely across the channel, I saw that it was 'out for delivery' on Friday - blast!  Metaphorically shackled to the desk at work, I waited for the inevitable update, which duly came around 2pm, 'Unable to deliver, returned to depot - double blast!!  I could, of course, arrange for it to be left with a neighbour or in a designated safe place, but I stumped up the five pound required for it to be brought to the gates of 'Awdry Towers' on Saturday morning, I defy anyone to say that they would have done anything different in this situation.
Now I had thought this was all going to work beautifully as after a feverish bout of cunning, I envisaged the 'Saintly Mrs. Awdry' on her way to the swimming baths, as is her want, at a respectable hour of the morning and whilst away, I could greet the the DPD driver with a hearty 'Hello and thank you' and have the boxed upstairs and stashed away faster than a smashed stretch goal!  Alas things are rarely this simply and it would appear that 'Awdry Towers' was fist on the list of chaps receiving their toys that morning; I was caught standing at the door, weighty box in hands grinning from ear to ear.  
Finally then the Zombicide Wulfsburg expansion has arrived, along with all the stretch goals and a couple of packs of extras that I had forgotten about.  So much stuff and just so wonderfully conceived and packaged - a plastic paradise.  Now it is fair to say that I am easily distracted and work is not playing nice with my hobby time at the moment so it was inevitable that I opened a couple of packs to have a closer inspection and oh joy!
The Abominabeasts are just superb, huge and incredibly well sculpted these immediately caught my eye and have now taken up residence on the painting table, not sure when or if I'll get around to them, but they just needed to be out on display.  Other items that caught my eye were the medieval Batman and Joker known as Scowl and Grin - so much to choose from, but where to begin?
Obviously the solution lay in the spin of a coin, the new metal first play coin!
Finally a quick shot of one of the 'smaller' beast next to a miniature for scale!






59 comments:

  1. Good lord quite the haul of loot! I have been tempted myself to try the medieval version of zombicide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a blast, struggling to get back to the modern day now.

      Delete
    2. I've only played the Medieval version, and that but once, but it was a great deal of fun. I have heard that the medieval version's design and tools are better - the card holders and pegs and what not, I mean.

      Delete
  2. That's a rather nice haul of lot m'Lord :)

    I suspect that the Saintly Mrs Awdry had detected a glint of excitement in your eyes on Friday and therefore concluded that you were expecting a parcel of toys ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't miss a trick my beloved, I thick she is starting to forgive me now though.

      Delete
    2. I hope that "my beloved" refers to the Saintly Mrs Awdry and not me :o ;)

      Delete
    3. I was of course referring to my wife, but then you and I have known each other for a long time now. ;)

      Delete
  3. Well worth the extra fiver! Looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't wait Rodger, it had to be done.

      Delete
  4. Blimey thats a lot of shiny shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks nice, very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. Delighted that it arrived. It is exciting alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green with envy Michael. Still haven't even had a notification yet sadly. Plenty there for you to paint up though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure it won't be too long now Simon and you too will be wading in plastic.

      Delete
  8. Exellent blog post Michael:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloody hell, that´s a lot of minis!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas came early to Casa Awdry, I see.

    Personal experience with plastics has been mostly Reaper's Bones and uniformly negative. These look rather good though. All the spikey bits, swords, staves, claws, etc. seem straight and true, not curled up like wet noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I van hear sleigh bell ringing alright! The plastid has steadily improved over the various releases. The large creatures feel almost like resin, really crisp and hold details beautifully.

      Delete
  11. Looks like you're spoiled for choice on what to paint! That Batman figure would be tough for me to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderfully dilemma, but Batman is looking favourite.

      Delete
  12. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very exciting! I shall look forward to seeing you paint these up over the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about months Gordon, there's enough here to keep me going for years!

      Delete
  14. Right now pack them all up and start on your "Bouncing Boy"! Michael.

    Just kidding that is some impressive haul of lovely stuff sir, but seriously pack it all up..

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be glad to hear that all packed away except those amazing monsters! I have had a root around for some bits and hope to have an update on bouncing boy before too long, promise.

      Delete
  15. I'm waiting for my box... I didn't go for the Wulfsburg deal which is very unfortunate considering how much I enjoy the game and the minis...
    Well, I "just" have to paint the rest of the minis. let's see, one...two... many...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it won't be too long and there will still be plenty for you to get your teeth into.

      Delete
  16. This looks great, Michael. I've got the original and am very impressed with the overall quality; looking forward to hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly the first impressions are good, looking forward to finding the time to run through a scenario or two.

      Delete
  17. That's a decent sized box! Looking forward to seeing how you paint up some of the beasties.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool. And I love the "spin".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ridiculously excited when it arrived and the metal coin was just the icing on the cake!

      Delete
  19. That's a rather impressive haul of cool stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You lucky bugger! Can't wait to get my hands on my box :) I've been wanting to utilize a few of the sculpts for Frostgrave. Too bad Scandinavia seems to get theirs a few weeks later than anyone else at least judging by the previous CMON kickstarters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed when it arrives!

      Delete
  21. Hola Amigo
    MADRE MIA......que bien te lo vas a pasar jajajajaj
    disfruta lo y que tengas buena cacería
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J.D. so much fun crammed into a box - where to start?

      Delete
  22. Wonderfull post, figures and I like the story about the delivery! I'm waiting for a package myself, but there is a postal strike today so I will have to wait one day longer! :-(
    But what I like most is how the figures are packed in their boxes! Looks like a very save way, so the figures can't be damaged.
    I wish you of a lot of painting joy with all those figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read the subject of this post as "Hours of joy", and on reflection that would have been quite justified, save for the fact that it'll take you more than a few hours to paint all that lot - enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Michael, I also received my Phase 2 & was pleased to see it had all arrived, nothing missing. Though somehow I am guessing that you will get yours painted before I do!

    I do hope to get the original box set done before tackling the expansions!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That should keep you out of mischief for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This post made me smile. Zombicide figures are excellent and great value....I admire your plan of having it delivered whilst home alone.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm soooooo jealous :) That CMON loot looks AWESOME! You're going to have soooooo much fun in the coming weeks. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...